Thinking of applying to Durham University Foundation Centre but unsure whether it is for you? Using Instagram photos taken by staff, students and others, we have outlined six different reasons why we think you would love it here.
1. Research-led education delivered by world-leading experts in outstanding study facilities.
2. Durham is a diverse university and welcomes students from 156 countries giving you the opportunity to meet people from across the world.
3. As a Durham University student you become a member of one of our colleges where most of our first year students choose to live. Colleges are supportive communities providing a warm welcome to all students, excellent student welfare and a fantastic student experience.
4. Student Life. At Durham University we want you to be able to excel academically but we recognise that academic success is only half the story. To help you really make the most of your experience with us and develop a broad range of skills to equip you for your future career and life, we provide a huge variety of extra-curricular activities in both Durham City and Queen’s Campus.
Including Sports and Societies…
5. When you join us, you will be living in either Durham City or at Queen’s Campus, Stockton depending on where your course is based. Wherever you are, you will enjoy a fantastic student lifestyle, in lively surroundings and with a superb choice of events and entertainment.
6. Our Location. In Durham City you’re among some of the world’s finest architecture. This is a truly beautiful city, where the famous Castle and Cathedral – together designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site– dominate the skyline.
Our Queen’s Campus, Stockton is situated in a striking waterfront setting and is purpose-built to deliver our world-class courses, combining a friendly and vibrant academic community with modern living.